- 100m up the 204 path from 157 and 0/5, turn right and drop into small valley leading to entrance. This entrance was found by CUCC in 1987, but was not given a number because a carbide pig was found at the entrance and taken to be evidence of previous or ongoing exploration. The entrance was then lost for many years (except briefly when Brian Outram refound it and took the carbide pig, without realising its significance). At one point it was postulated to be the same cave as Bogenhöhle, but was finally relocated in 2007.
|Looking up valley towards entrance (halfway up on right).||Jenny pointing at tag bolt.|
|Photo © Olly Betts 2007||Photo © Olly Betts 2015|
- Tag Location
- p267 , , m
Found by CUCC 1987. Original explorers unknown, possibly GSCB? Re-explored Olly & Jenny 2007.
The cave has a walk-in entrance, splitting just inside. The left passage comes out below a shaft from the surface, and apparently continues unexplored. The main passage reaches a 10m pitch, also below a surface shaft, which drops into a chamber. To the left is a short passage to an undescended pitch of about 10m, while to the right are three ways on. First is a rift, then a passage with an ice floor, and finally, half back towards the entrance, is a passage emerging below another surface shaft (passed on the surface just before reaching the entrance). This final passage also appeared to continue. Because a large carbide pig was found outside the entrance, it was assumed that someone else was in the course of exploring this cave.
Plan, drawn 2015
caves-1623/267/267.svx 3d file
There are two skylight entrances. These have been noted from the inside, but not located on the surface and not descended, thus they have not been allocated letters.