Bräu Schacht 91
CUCC 1977 - Team Enthusiast.
A snow-fed rift in open karren on a fault/joint aligned on 67°. Choked at -20m (or plumb of -14m in 1996 to tiny snow plug).
Grade 2 (at a guess), drawn up in loose leaves in front of 1996-9 NotKH book
CaveView display of the .3d file is temporarily disabled while we fix things (Nov.2021). See /handbook/computing/todo.html.
3d file download for this cave
survex file for this cave
Scanned survey notes
- Marking Comment
- number in red (1977) on small scarp facing south, 1998 tag "1623 91 CUCC 1977"
- Plateau - below Bräuning Scharte. GPS: UTM 33T 0410171 5280908; UTM 33T 0410155 5280976; UTM 33T 0410177 5280894
- From Schwarzmoossattel, follow cairned path below the Bräuning Wall, past Top Camp (1988 on). Where this path meets the scree/snow slope from the wall, it turns right, out onto the plateau (this is the main path to Gschwandt-Alm, in frequent use).
100m from the right turn is a snow field on the right, with the sound of falling water at its lower edge. This is the entrance to 91. The bolt is at the NE end of the rift.
|Entrance 91 looking north towards 93 and Schönberg||Closeup showing location of tag and paint markings (original here)|
(Photos © Andy Waddington 1990 and Olly Betts 1999)
- Tag Location
- p91 , , m
- Schönberg 347°, HSK 054°, VSK (nipple) 108°, Bräuning Nase 150°, Bräuning Wall pt. 1828 210°, Bräuning Wall pt. 1835 224°
- Other Station
- post selective availability GPS
, , m