Two bolts in entrance for Y-hang to give c40m vertical to a boulder floor, then a further 20m in a big boulder chamber. A "nice skeleton" and an old colander (!) were found on the terminal choke in 1988.
CUCC 1988 (1st pitch Chris & Becka, bottomed by Chris).
Scanned survey notes
Id letter: ''
Edit this entrance
- Marking Comment
- orange number "159" facing north. 1998 tag "1623 159 CUCC 1988" attached to more northerly of two Y-hang bolts, just below surface. This is the anchor visible in the photograph (with an orange circle painted round it), taken before the tag was attached.
- Near 'crapping region' of Top Camp (1990). Cave is on the same fault/joint as 1623/90, 1623/207 and 1623/208, but further out from the Bräuning Wall, c 100m on 067°.
- Cave relocated 1990, 1996 and surveyed to in 1998. Entrance reached in two minutes from upper top camp by heading west and dropping down one terrace.
|View towards col||View down shaft (note tag on shaft wall just below number board)|
Photos © Andy Waddington 1998 and David Loeffler 2005
- Tag Location
- 1623.t159 47.67957N 13.80392E (UTM33 5281380, 410227), 1694m
- 1990 Bearings (we have no idea where these came from and they aren't remotely in the right place): HSK 116°, Nipple 174°, Bräuning Nase 199°, Bräuning Zinken 216°
1996: HSK 059°, VSK nipple 111°, Bräuning Nase 152°, Kleine Wild Kogel 009°(left) and 010°(right), Bräuning Wall pt. 1828 209°, Bräuning Wall pt. 1835 221°, Bräuning Zinken 232°
All survexfiles for this cave