1623 / 2013-03 AntsInYourPants

Surveys and Rigging Guides

Rigging image

Underground Description

Logbook 2013-08-04
The first pitch had previously been dropped by Matt > a lovely y-hang off two naturals straight down to a snow and ice bridge 30m down. Becka & I had headed off to AinP ahead of the others to rerig the entrance (the rope had been removed after the prospecting but the slings had been left in place) I re-rigged this pitch feeling a little precarious as I wasn't wearing my oversuit or helmet! (It was a fine hot day so less clothes was needed here).
Becka then headed down to the ice bridge with crowbar in hand (or stuffed down the side of her harness). The ice bridge was a very large but thin block of ice which we had to climb under in order to proceed further into the cave. We weren't sure how stable this was and it would definitely hurt if it collapsed on you! So Becka spent a good 15 mins giving it a bash with the crowbar. It didn't break so we hoped that meant it was OK as we swapped places and I headed under the snow bridge with drill, rope and all the other bits and pieces for vertical cave exploration.
The way on was through a hole in the ice in a corner of the cave.

Explorers

Matt Watson, Holly Bradley, Becka Lawson

Wallets: scanned survey notes

There are 1 wallets with data for this cave:
2013#11

Entrances

1. Id letter: '' Edit this entrance
    Marking
    Tag
    Tag Location
    1623.p2013-03 47.69663N 13.82098E (UTM33 411536, 5283256), 1826m (SRTM is +69 m, distance from reference: 21m)

New Entrance

Survex File(s)

All survexfiles for this cave (if any)
Primary survex file for this cave
Download .3d file 1623-2013-03.3d
cave survex path '1623/2013-03/'