(1996WK8 (maybe also CUCC 1996-08))
- Along shelf from 136. 35mN of 136a, 10m NW of 136d.
- The normal route to 136 (from SMK col/Vd1), passes over/past this cave. It is one of the group of holes shafts and rifts on the same shelf as 136a,b,c,d. From large cubic boulder at 136a, follow shelf N past 136b, and 136c. This cave is the last of these 3 holes. The entrance is joint-developed 3 x 0.8m shaft. Area map NotKH book p 88-89.
Photos © David Loeffler 2005 and Paul Hammond 1999.
- VSK: 233°, Hollweiser: 145° (from a point between the WK7-WK10 entrances)
- Other Station
, , m
- Discovered/recorded: CUCC 1996.07.21 (Wookey) (NoKH book p14)
- Explored and Surveyed: CUCC 1999.08.03: (Paul Hammond, Tony Rooke, Becka Lawson) NotKH book p82
3m x 0.8m shaft, 16m deep. Freeclimb descent is possible but difficult. Belay (and light!) needed. No draught. Bottom choked by rubble.
? grade 5
Form sent 2000.05, number 209 allocated.
Underground Centre Line
caves-1623/209/209.svx 3d file