Schwa Höhle 196
- Marking Comment
- Red paint '196' (1995). Tag "CUCC 1623/196" (1999).
- On large white patch of limestone on NW flank of Hinterer Schwarzmooskogel (visible from Top Camp), quite near the top of the bare area, higher up than 1623/195.
- Path from Top Camp to Steinbruckenhöhle (204) goes past this cave. Close to 194, 195, 165.
- Bräuning Zinken 240°"Kleine Wild Kogel" 356°
- Other Station
, , m
- Discovered: CUCC 1995 (Kate Janossy, Balázs Izapy)
- Surveyed: 1999 (Anthony Day, Duncan Collis)
By a large (10m wide) snow choked doline, are two horizontal entrances going WSW. The right one is uphill over boulders and ends very quickly. The left one (196) is downhill and carries a draught. The triangular cross-section (widest at the bottom) passage goes for 10m to a junction with a blind uphill branch to the right, whilst straight ahead is too tight.
Kate 95.07.26 S94p44
Underground Centre Line
caves-1623/196/196.svx 3d file