Gear Order Guidelines
We normally buy 200m of 9mm and 200m of 10mm, although you may like to get some 11mm if stocks are running low. The preferred brand is Equirial available from Starless River. You'll also want some slings, the standard length are 120cm.
Keep records in the expo handbook rope history page.
- 3 types of hangers: Twists, Bends, Rings.
Rings are always stainless, bends and twists can be either stainless or aluminium.
- Bolts: 8.8 rated M8x16 Hex Head Screw (some rings are thicker and require a longer bolt, you should check which you are getting
- Hiltis: Flush anchor HKD M8x30
- Drill bit: Hammer drill bit TE-CX 10/12
- 7mm, long maillons
- O rings: 2mm CS 6mm ID
- Circlips: 7mm are too small, 8mm is probably too big. Rubber O-rings 7.66mm internal diameter are the right size and work insetad of circlips.
For discounts, and sharing equipment purchases with CUCC see the instructions on the Expo Treasurer page.
- Starless River
- Caving supplies
- Bernies Cafe
- Hitch n Hike
O-rings can be bought on expo in Lagerhaus but in individual packets of 2 and very expensive.
Other survey and electrical stuff
We don't have a regular order for this sort of thing yet, but think about adequate suppies of
- laser toner cartridges
- computer mice that work
- pencils, waterproof notebooks and survey stuff
- mains (230V) UK-EU converter plugs
- network and USB cables
- cooking stuff: gaz cylinders and utensils
First Aid Stuff
This needs checking and re-stocking every year. This should be a separate task with nominated person.
You will need to consult what has been left at top camp and in underground camps the previous year. It is also very useful to see what was bought and used in previous years:
Back to Expo Planning Guide.