Expo 2007 (Cambridge Austrian Cave Science Expedition): Support and Sponsorship
Note: all sensitive information has been removed, and will be replaced with password-protection.
Applications in progress or being reviewed
- David Richards Travel Grant
- Status: Application submitted, being reviewed
- Shell Personal Development Award
- Status: Application in progress
Successful applications so far:
- BCRA Cave Science and Technology Research Initiative
- Status: The CSTRI have generously granted £500 for expedition research. Of this, £192 will go towards the radon project, and
£308 towards the microclimate investigations.
- Royal Geographical Society with IBG Geographical Fieldwork Approval / Grant
Status: The RGS with IBG have approved the expedition and generously granted us £2000 for research equipment and logistics.
- Ghar Parau Fund and Alex Pitcher Award
- Status: The GPF have generously granted £800 to the expedition. £300 are specifically to be used for the purchase of scientific equipment. Additionally, two first-time expedition members won Alex Pitcher awards of £75 each.
- Cambridge Expeditions Committee
- Status: Expedition approved. Permission granted to use university name and logo, as well as CUEX charity and gift aid status. Eligible for possible funding from Cambridge Expeditions Fund.
- Lab sample analysis support from Biological Anthropology
- Status: project accepted by Professor Herbert
- Geography undergraduate dissertation proposal, risk assessment and ethics form