Schwa Schacht 195
- Marking Comment
- Cairn, Red paint '195' (1995). Tag "CUCC 1623/195" (1999).
- On large white patch of limestone on NW flank of Hinterer Schwarzmooskogel (visible from Top Camp), quite near the top of the bare area (higher up than 1623/194).
- On cairned path from Top Camp to Steinbruckenhöhle (204). 195 is 60m E of 194 and 50m WSW of 196, and 90m NNW of 165. Area map NotKH book p115.
- Bräuning Zinken 225° "Kleine Wild Kogel" 354°
- Other Station
- post selective availability GPS
5282136.67, 411122.16, 2046.82m
- Original discovery not known
- Refound 1989 CUCC (Pete Lancaster Adam Cooper)
- Re-found and marked 1995 CUCC (Kate Janossy)
- Surveyed to 1999 CUCC (Anthony Day, Duncan Collis)
- Descended 2000 CUCC (Earl Merson, Phil Underwood)
A very large surface rift (almost a canyon), with a pitch at the west end. This has a 5-6 second booming clattering drop, and had a very poor quality spit at the top. It was not descended in 1995. This may be the cave referred to in the description of 165
, located by CUCC in 1989, but already having a bolt, and not descended by CUCC but with "a drop in excess of 35m". 2000 descent reached floor at 37m down, with the only way on a small hole that turned out to be too tight.
Kate 95.07.26 S94p43-4; 21st July entry in 2000 logbook
Elevation never drawn up; see notes in 2000#04
Underground Centre Line
caves/195/195.svx 3d file