Plateau Schacht 90/4
- Marking Comment
- Originally marked "CUCC 90/4" in red, changed to "174" in 1991. An Austrian metal tag bolted to entrance in 1995.
- Situated on fracture bearing 044° which forms prominent banded cliff visible North of Top Camp on second low ridge.
- This cave is quite hard to find, even though the bearings get you very close. It is just below a cliff, which is almost the highest bit of cliff in the vicinity. The entrance is almost on the (E-W) axis on the ridge and the cliff faces SE. The number is easily missed.
|Robert Seebacher at the entrance in 1995||Tag and painted number||View back towards Brauning Wall, showing possible fault||Weathered rock on wall behind entrance shaft|
Photos © Andy Waddington 1995 (1) and © Olly Betts 2005 (2,3,4).
- Tag Location
- p174 5282054.02, 410394.1, 1706.15m
- Hinterer Schwarzmooskogel 088° (1995, 1990:087°) to right hand peak, Rightmost apparent peak of three on Vorderer Schwarzmooskogel 160° (1990), Bräuning Nase 188° (1995, 1990:189°), Bräuning Zinken 221° (1995, 1990:218°)
Recorded CUCC 1990, descended by Adam ?
c 30m shaft, climbable for first 10m to rock bridge. Snow at bottom, but cobble floor also visible.