Loser Plateau - Surface Prospect
Wed 21 Jul 2004
Wandered over col beyond 204 towards Grieß Kogel then back round on plateau side. Put in two tags on new caves:
- CUCC 2004-10: Earl's GPS (WGS 84) N47° 41.740' E013°49.069'. Photo #54 on Nial's camera. 215° to Zinken; 309° to peak of Grieß Kogel (stone arch visible). Entrance shaft with snow plug + pitch visible beyond. Can get to head of pitch by going down a side tube next to main entrance shaft. Pitch < 10m.
- CUCC 2004-11 (In Your Face cave) Earl's GPS WGS84 N47° 41.597' E013° 49.047'. Photo #55 on Nial's camera. 202° to Brauning Näse; 218° to Zinken. Strongly drafting entrance crawl to steep down phreatic passage to small chamber + pitch up-climb on opposite wall. Tony + I surface surveyed to 2004-11 in the evening of 21st; Martin, Stuart + Nial did a push + underground survey on 22nd.
- N 47° 41.605' E013° 49.265' – a 4m surface shaft.
- N 41° 41.686' E013° 48.981' – a too-tight but very strongly drafting hole.
- N 47° 41.590' E013° 49.068' – very close to 2004-11 and also drafting.